Block Heels: Friend or foe?



I would like to think I am a nice person and I’m sure most people who know me would agree *cough cough*. So, the other day someone from work was wearing the most gorgeous patent nude block-heels, they were a sight to see. But, the rest of the outfit… not so much!
It brought to my attention how horrible block-heels can be if worn in the wrong way. Now I am not one to follow fashion rules down to the last letter, I mean I’m the girl who has chubby ankles but that will never stop me from wearing strappy heels! Sometimes, and only sometimes it is kinda necessary to follow the rules especially if breaking the rules is detracting from the look or style you are attempting.
Case in point the lovely block heels lady, if you are short and have very defined calf muscles, the last thing you want to do is pair your shoes up with a frumpy A-line skirt, this will draw attention to your defined calves and make you look even shorter.
You want to pair your block heels with something that will accentuate the length of your legs creating the illusion that you are indeed taller, for example, skinny pants, a long dramatic hemline or perhaps a shift dress that stops above the knee.
Block heels are so much fun and can really add that extra something to your outfit when worn properly.



Here are some ideas on how to go about wearing block-heels.



Melanie Fiona

Olivia Palermo
Mary Kate and Ashleigh Olsen
Solange Knowles


0 comments:

Post a Comment